Sunday, October 18, 2009

JOAN BAEZ


Joan Baez made her debut appearance at the Newport Folk Festival in 1959. That's fifty years ago, but who's counting? I stumbled upon an "American Masters" documentary on PBS a few nights ago. I'm more of a rocker than a folkie, but I got hooked on this story and it's a good one. My earliest memories of Baez are listening to my mom's records when I was a kid. Since then, I've seen Baez perform a few times, including a spectacular set with Bob Dylan during the Rolling Thunder Revue in 1975. Here's a clip of them from that tour.



Check out the documentary below. "In the first comprehensive documentary to chronicle the private life and public career of Joan Baez, American Masters examines her history as a recording artist and performer as well as her remarkable journey as the conscience of a generation in Joan Baez: How Sweet the Sound."

Watch the Joan Baez documentary here.

No comments: